Spacepak High Velocity Air Conditioning System
Cool, Evenly Distributed Air
Unlike ordinary air conditioning systems, the SpacePak high velocity air conditioning system comfortably circulates air throughout your home. Effective air circulation is what makes a home with SpacePak central air so uniformly comfortable: no cold or warm spots, no drafts, and up to 30% more humidity removed.
Conventional central air systems simply drop cold air in at the ceiling; the distribution of cool air is haphazard, leading to over-cooling in some spots or drafts in others.
Window air conditioner units require noisy fans within the living space to blow the air around, and overall circulation throughout your home is minimal
Small, Flexible Mini Duct Air Conditioning Tubing Instead of Sheet Metal Ductwork
The Spacepak high velocity system is designed to actively circulate air and uses much smaller ducts than conventional systems; 2 inch mini duct insulated supply tubing keeps the air moving consistently---like pouring water from a pitcher. This smaller duct allows SpacePak to use flexible tubing to distribute the air instead of bulky sheet metal ductwork.
The air conditioning tubing is seamless, so wasted energy from air leaks is greatly reduced. And it's flexible, so passages have no corners to accumulate dust, pollen, or mold. The tubing's narrow diameter allows it to be placed in the spaces behind walls, floors, and ceilings: it can be installed with virtually no disruption to livable space, nor to interior architectural features.
Central Air Built Around the Space You Have... or Want
SpacePak is designed to be easily incorporated into either new construction or an existing structure. Either way, the simplicity of SpacePak's sized-to-fit tubular ducts requires just a fraction of the installation time and cost associated with having sheet metal ductwork fabricated and installed. No other company has more experience designing and building central air systems with the flexibility to fit into virtually any building. SpacePak high velocity air conditioning is ideal for:
- historic buildings
- buildings without existing ductwork
- buildings that utilize radiant heat systems
- open floor plans
- log homes/cabins
- brownstones or row houses
- modular homes
The Components of a SpacePak High Velocity Air Conditioning System
While each installation is custom configured specially to each individual home's unique requirements, the SpacePak system consists of the following components as labeled in the diagram below.
- 2 inch Mini Duct Outlets
- Sound Attenuators
- Kwik Connects
- 2 inch Flexible Mini Ducts
- Fan Coil Unit
- Return Air Duct
- Return Air Box/PurePak Air Cleaner (optional)
- Outlets: Delivers high velocity conditioned air to the living space. These 5" diameter outlets (the size of a music CD; much smaller than conventional register grilles) can be placed in the ceiling, wall, or floor.
- Sound Attenuators: Short lengths of flexible, baffled tubing. These tubes greatly reduce the audible sounds produced in the air movement process.
- Kwik Connects: A no-tools-required system that quickly and easily joins the flexible ducts to sound attenuators and the plenum. Spacepak Kwik Connects virtually eliminate leakage, improving efficiency, and greatly reduce install time.
- Flexible Supply Tubing: These flexible, narrow, tubular mini ducts enable SpacePak to bring central air throughout the house within the normal space between walls, ceilings, or floors: no extensive renovation work. The number of ducts would be based on the size of the fan coil unit.
- Plenum: Carries air to the different ducts which distribute it throughout the house. The plenum fits within the attic, basement, or crawl space where the fan coil unit is installed.
- Fan Coil Unit: The Spacpak fan distributes air through the plenum; the coils cool (or heat and cool) the air, depending on individual needs and system configuration. Connects to external condenser for cooling; SpacePak is compatible with most condenser brands.
- Return Duct: The high velocity central heating or cooling system contains a blower that gets its air supply through this duct. The air from a room will move towards the lower pressure of the return duct. The duct also uses sound attenuation for quiet operation and is insulated.
- Return Air Box: This is the sheet metal box that mounts directly to the return air grill. This allows the mating of the return duct to the grill.
PurePak Air Cleaner (optional): A patented design that replaces the standard return air box. While 4-6" pleated filters are not effective at removing contaminants smaller than three microns (such as bacteria, auto exhaust, cooking smoke, dust, or paint pigments), PurePak captures contaminants as small as 0.3 microns with 97% effectiveness.